Daily Reading- Job 38, 39
(1) Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
(2) Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
(3) Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
(4) Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
(5) Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
(6) Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
(7) When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
The Lord, who had been silent to Job in the book, now comes to answer Jobs questions with His own. These two chapters are full to the brim of answers that Job does not know. God tells Job to “gird up now thy loins like a man”. Job was going to have his mind blown by some other questions that could have been raised that only God can account for the details. They deal with the natural world- the created order.
There are some things we will never understand in this life. There are some questions that we have that God may never answer while we are down here. God has been incredible merciful to us. He has been gracious to us. God’s ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts. Thankfull we can think His thoughts after Him because He wrote them down in this book that we are reading together. We must learn to trust Him for what we can understand, and also for what we cannot.
God, please help me to trust You today no matter what happens.