There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:6-14)
These verses are incredible…
Just some questions to answer that may point us to the meaning of these verses…
- Why was John sent according to the passage?
- The person being spoken of primarily in this passage is Jesus. What does the author say about him?
- Why would this be a “Christmas” passage?
- How does this apply to your life?
5 thoughts on “Christ and Christmas- The Word Became Flesh!”
1. John was sent to witness the light.
2. The auother says that John is here to witness Jesus and Tht Jesus Which were born, not of blood, or of the will of the flesh, or of the will of man, but of God,
and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,full of grace and truth.
3. Well because there were other people two besides marry, josphe, the wiseman and the animals there were people who really werent spoken of in the Christmas story. I don’t think I got that one right!!
4. This applys to my life because we are sent to this planet to witness something too, to witness something great, amazing, and awesome and I can’t wait.
P.S.- I think I did good on the last one… Well I THINK hehe.
1. he was sent to witness the light
2. the author says that john was to witness Jesus for he was not born of blood, or will of flesh,or of man but of God.and that the word was made flesh.
3.since Jesus was born, john was supposed to tell of his coming and the great news.
4.we are supposed to witness the gospel of Jesus and thats what we are here for its so great we have the ability to do this in america! 😀
please tell me if i missed anything, for the most part,i think i did ok 🙂
1. In these verses, it says that John was sent not to be the light, but to be a witness of the light so that people could believe from what John had seen.
2. The author was saying that Jesus had come of the world, even though the world didn’t know it. People denied Him although He was great and powerful. Jesus was just words, until He was born and became flesh. Jesus became real and dwelt among the people of the world even though he was better then that.
3. This is a Christmas passage, because Christmas was the start of this all. The word became flesh due to the birth of Christ in the first place. A lot of the time we only associate the Christmas story with Mary and Joseph coming to Bethlehem on a donkey, and Mary giving birth in a dirty old stable because there was no more room in the inn. But when you really think about it, there was SO much more to the story to that. Jesus was talked about in the Old testament, people knew he was going to be born, even before Mary became pregnant. This is what it means that the word became flesh. I think this story is incredible, because their is so much truth to it. You can’t hear everything that happened and not be blown away.
4. This applies to my life, because I know that God makes all things happen. John was used to bear witness of the Light so that he could tell what he had seen so that people can be just as blown away as he was. God used him, so that people would know what just happened. I said this yesterday because it’s really been apparent in my life lately, God uses unpredictable people, like you and I, to do His incredible works. Isn’t that a blessing? We have the opportunity to do so much for God, and we really don’t deserve it. God sticks to His word. Jesus was words, until He became flesh. Just reading the new testament shows us how astonishing Jesus was here on earth. The bible is incredible, and isn’t just a book of stories, but more like a life manual we need to live by.
I’ve been reminded of a lot this Christmas season, and I’m extremley thankful for it!
Good stuff girls!