Devotion for Saturday, October 1st
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us , and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. (Hebrews 12:1, 2)
On Sunday Pastor will be finishing his second message on patience. The Bible has a lot to say about patience. Hebrews 11 talks about all kinds of people who had faith and what they did to demonstrate that faith.
Today, instead of explaining everything I want you guys to think through what today’s passage means…
So here are a couple of questions:
1. What does this passage say about patience?
2. What do you think it means to “look to Jesus”?
3. What do you think it means that Jesus is the “author of our faith”?
4. What do you think it means that Jesus is the “finisher of our faith”?
5. How does “looking unto Jesus” help us to have patience?
6. How do you apply these verses?