Sermon given by Bill Bales
Sonshine Baptist Church
January 8, 2012
Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. (Luke 6:38)
1. Giving makes me more like God. (John 3:16)
2. Giving draws me closer to God. (Matthew 6:21)
3. Giving is an antidote for materialism (1 Timothy 6:17-19)
You make a living by what you get, but a life by what you give.
4. Giving strengthens my faith. (Malachi 3:10)
Do I really believe that God can take care of me?
5. Giving is an investment for eternity. (1 Timothy 6:18-19)
6. Giving blesses me in return. (Proverbs 11:25; Psalm 112:5a; Acts 20:35)