Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. (Psalm 1:1-6)
Today’s devotion will be just a little bit different. I’m going to help you guys walk through the text by asking questions that you can answer in the comments. I think it’ll help you get to a pretty cool application and let you learn some things…
- What is the significance of the words “walk”, “stand”, and “sit” is in verse 1?
- What does it mean to delight in the law of the Lord? meditate?
- Compare a tree by a river to chaff in the wind. You might need to google search chaff to figure this one out.
- Why is the one who delights in God’s law like a tree, and the ungodly like chaff?
- What is the end of the ungodly? of the righteous?
- What is YOUR takeaway for TODAY? 🙂