Have you ever made a promise that you had a hard time keeping? I heard a story about a dad who was training his son to give him the business he started. “Son, 2 things have made this business successful- reliability and wisdom. If you say you’re going to do it by next Tuesday then no matter how many hours, how much pain, and how difficult it is, you have to have it done by Tuesday.” The son replied, “Well, that’s reliability. What about wisdom?” The dad replied, “Wisdom is not making that kind of promise in the first place.”
It is difficult for us to keep our promises at times, but we expect that when promises are made to us they will be kept!
In today’s reading, Galatians 3:15-18, Paul talks about the promises that God made to Abraham.
15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man’s covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
- If people make a promise, especially a legally binding contract, we expect it, and enforce it to be kept.
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.
- Even the covenant promise that God made to Abraham was the gracious response to Abraham’s faith. Abraham didn’t earn it by works.
- God will keep His promise to Abraham!
- God can be trusted. If He says He will do something, it will be done.
- Do you keep your promises? Is your word your bond? If we are to reflect the character of God we keep our word! Maybe today you need to go make good on a promise you made.
One thought on “Galatians Day 12- God Keeps His Promises”
I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates readable, google
friendly articles in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free content