Have you ever noticed how impossible it is to keep all the rules? I sure have. If the only rules that existed had to do with just how we use our words then I would be in TROUBLE! If we only had one rule we would break it. Just ask Adam and Eve.
With that being said, so many people are trying to get right with God by keeping rules. They think if I keep enough rules and don’t break too many others then maybe God will accept me.
Paul had something to say about this way of thinking in our reading in Galatians 3:10-14-
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
- If you don’t keep every law all the time then you have broken God’s law and are under the curse.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. 12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
- Paul quotes the Old Testament to prove that God has always taught that those who are made right with Him are made right because of their faith, and that if you try to be right with God by the law then you’ll be judged by the law.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: 14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Say it in a sentence: Jesus kept the law on our behalf and took the curse of breaking the law for us so that we can live under God’s grace through faith.
- Which plan are you on- faith or works? Faith in Jesus Christ is the only way any of us will be accepted by God. Have you asked Him to save you in faith? If not, do it now!
- Do you ever think that God will accept you or reject you because of your performance? Stop this thinking! God accepts us because of Jesus alone. Do right because you are accepted by faith, not to be accepted!
- Take some time to thank God today for His